“The Trans-Texas Corridor is likely to become
the most expensive and far-ranging transportation undertaking in the state's history”
According to the San Antonio Express-News just following the Republican Convention,
"Rick Perry's biggest problem is the Trans-Texas Corridor." Here are the facts he
does not want you to know.
- The Corridor is 8,000 miles of crisscrossing 1/4 mile wide all-in-one toll roads
with water, gas, oil, rail and utility lines -- a terrorists dream!
- With a cost estimate of $187 billion, it’s a crook's heaven.
- Over 1 million acres will be taken through eminent domain, a nightmare for independent
farmers and ranchers.
- Air quality will worsen in big cities and will push in to our rural areas.
- It will not alleviate our traffic congestion! They are clueless and think we are too!
- The deal was set without one public hearing.
- Over 14 months ago, Rick Perry signed a secret contract with a foreign company, CINTRA,
which is still secret.
- A new "preferred" route TTC-35 recently announced by TxDOT federally mandates
them to hold public hearings, but they will not really help stop the Corridor!
1. All meetings open at 5:00pm hearings start at 6:30 pm
There's a list of the meeting places at
candidate for Governor -- is fighting to open up the CINTRA contract to the public,
pledged publicly that she will not sign a contract with CINTRA, and to call for a
vote of the people! http://carolestrayhorn.com.
3. Independent Texans is seeking recognition
for the 35%, and growing, plurality of people who do not identify with a political
party -- we vote for the person, not the party. Join us, it’s free.
Please forward this message to everyone you know! Send us a note that you'll be
attending to email@example.com.